[ExI] Is the brain a digital computer?

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 14:20:05 UTC 2010

> In any case, if it isn't possible to make weak AI brain components that
> would mean that these components utilise non-computable physics, which
> you keep insisting is not true.

I think you make a fundamental mistake when you assign so much significance to the question of the computability of brain physics, or to the question of the computability of physics in general.

Unlike observer-independent objects like mountains and planets, computations are always observer-relative. They exist only relative to the mind of some observer who does the computations.

At the most basic level, this explains why it makes no sense to think of the brain as a computer. If the brain really equals a computer then it needs an observer/user, which leads to the homunculus fallacy.

-gts