[ExI] effect/affect again.

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Jan 5 02:10:48 UTC 2010

>Actually I must be honest and disqualify myself from this one, for I
>am one who not only knows what is a typewriter, but actually used
>one, in college. I can out-geezer almost everyone here by having
>used the kind (in college!) which does not plug in to the
>wall.  Perhaps only Damien can match this, methinks.
>
>spike

My *dear* fellow. I'll have you know that I wrote my undergraduate
thesis using a typewriter. (Something on eudaimonic egoism..., around
1986.) I also created three issues of a quite fancy comics fanzine
called Starlight in 1979 and 1980 -- with hand-justified columns and
some experimental, slanted column layouts, entirely using a
typewriter and hand-spacing to achieve justified columns. (You might
reply that the effect was a mere affectation, but it was still an
effort incomparable to anything post-computer.)

Max