[ExI] effect/affect again.

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Tue Jan 5 12:08:04 UTC 2010

Rafal writes:

> Now beat this: I have helped my mother wring laundry using a
> hand-crank operated mangle attached to the non-automatic washing
> machine we had in the early 70's.

When I was a small child I got the tips of my fingers nipped by one of these
wringers. Yeouch! I thought it so cool, I'd turn the handle and watch the rollers -
and of course I touched them while I was turning and  ...... oh well. ;)

We had clothesline strung all across the laundry area and the clothes were hung up
to dry when the weather was too bad to take them outdoors.

Regards,
MB