[ExI] Psi (but read it before you don't read it)

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 7 03:20:23 UTC 2010

JOSHUA JOB nanite1018 at gmail.com  wrote:

>>I reject all types of this stuff because there is no conceivable way in >>which they could operate.

That's absolutely true.  The thing with "Psi" is that it's not mathematically possible and not yet computable.  Rejecting it is like saying that it will never be possible.  I'm surprised every time a bright mind rejects something that is all about imagination as if any scientific accomplishment was solely based on the calculations as opposed to the knowledge behind it.

>>The information you would have to analyze in order to gain any >>information about things in the future, or in other regions, or that is >>actually happening in someones mind would require a sensitivity and >>processing capacity so far beyond what our minds are capable of it is
>>astonishing.

It could be that it's beyond your capability.  Are you saying that people that study human behaviour don't have a better grasp of personality types, racial differences and/or norm behaviours? To analyze any abundance amount of data alone could take one person an eternity or lifetime and could still never amount to anything but that doesn't mean that it's not possible especially when cases are surpassing the scientific refusal.

>>Our senses are very limited in terms of their acuity.

Some people's senses are very strong.  They may not be exact but they are much more accurate than they used to be:)

>>Since I reject the very concept of an extra-body soul as meaningless and >>without ground in empirical evidence, I can see no way that any of this >>stuff could actually be real.

I'm not sure who you are to reject anything as I have no idea what you have done, said or written but I'm pretty sure I can find a numerous amount of people that can describe an extra-body "soul" (or otherwise "outer", "miracle", "relevance not known" and/or "feeling") experience.

>>Telepathy or empathy are likely a result of a Sherlock Holmesian >>attention to detail and an extremely good sense of body language >>analysis, etc.

Listening plays a huge role within telepathy and feelings play a huge role in empathy.   Telepathy as defined is ignorant.  To really believe that someone can solely humanly "hear someones mental thoughts" is rather childish but when you actually take the time to listen you can learn a great abundance of what people think.

>>Other things, like precognition, are meaningless and are certainly the >>result of a combination of practical psychology (predicting what people >>will do based on knowledge about them), and of course luck and chance.

I don't really believe that anyone can see "the Future".  If you are so closed off about the idea of practical psychology and how it can "uffect" then you just don't see anything grander than your limited calculations.  That's too bad because to analyze is great but "out of the box ideas or experiences", imagination and a creative role helps to change and make a difference.  Refusing an idea simply because no one has proved it is simply unimaginative.  I guess you like your box:)

>>On a related note, the metaphysical studies (i.e. astrology, psychic, >>occult, new age; alternatively called "crap") section of my local >>Borders is now approximately equal in size to the philosophy (which is >>no longer labelled on any of the signs) and the science sections >>combined. I find that sad.

I got bored with math and economics a long time ago. (I really didn't feel like taking the time to fully understand it). Thinking that maybe some people are good at some things while others are good at different things may give you a wider perspective on the whole "Psi" thing.

Anna:)