[ExI] Psi (no need to read this post you already know what it says)

scerir scerir at libero.it
Mon Jan 11 22:18:27 UTC 2010

Will Steinberg:
>A possible method for deducing the entanglement of particles: [...]

To my knowledge the possible (but questionable) role of entanglement in
physiology (i.e. human eye) has been discussed in very very few papers written
by *good* physicists. The interest in entanglement depends on recent
experiments with two macroscopic states (localized in two space-like separated
sites) which become non-locally correlated having interacted - in the past -
with an entangled couple of single-particles (micro-macro entanglement).

Quantum experiments with human eyes as detectors based on cloning via
stimulated emission
http://arxiv.org/abs/0902.2896
-Pavel Sekatski, Nicolas Brunner, Cyril Branciard, Nicolas Gisin, Christoph
Simon
Abstract: We show theoretically that the multi-photon states obtained by
cloning single-photon qubits via stimulated emission can be distinguished with
the naked human eye
with high efficiency and fidelity. Focusing on the "micro-macro" situation
realized in a recent experiment [F. De Martini, F. Sciarrino, and C. Vitelli,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 253601 (2008)], where one photon from an original
entangled pair is detected directly, whereas the other one is greatly
amplified, we show that performing a Bell experiment with human-eye detectors
for the amplified photon appears realistic, even when losses are taken into
account. The great robustness of these results under photon loss leads to an
apparent
paradox, which we resolve by noting that the Bell violation proves the
existence of entanglement before the amplification process. However, we also
prove that there is genuine micro-macro entanglement even for high loss.

Towards Quantum Experiments with Human Eyes Detectrors Based on Cloning via
Stimulated
Emission?
http://arxiv.org/abs/0912.3110
-Francesco De Martini
Abstract: We believe that a recent, unconventional theoretical work published
in Physical Review Letters 103, 113601 (2009) by Sekatsky, Brunner, Branciard,
Gisin, Simon, albeit
appealing at fist sight, is highly questionable. Furthermore, the criticism
raised by these Authors against a real experiment on Micro - Macro entanglement
recently published in Physical Review Letters (100, 253601, 2008) is found
misleading and to miss its target.

Quantum superpositions and definite perceptions:envisaging new feasible
experimental tests
http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/9810028
-GianCarlo Ghirardi
Abstract: We call attention on the fact that recent unprecedented
technological achievements, in particular in the field of quantum optics, seem
to open the way to new experimental tests which might be relevant both for the
foundational problems of quantum mechanics as well as for investigating the
perceptual processes.