[ExI] Psi (no need to read this post you already knowwhatitsays )

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Jan 8 04:38:55 UTC 2010

On 1/7/2010 10:14 PM, spike wrote:

> I had an idea which may have contributed to the remarkable outcome of the
> Nolan sisters experiment.  The sisters would know each others' sleep
> patterns: who stayed up late, who was the early riser.  If the call came in
> early or late, it may reduce the likely pool by a sister or two in some
> cases.  The experimenters could have been unaware of this themselves, so
> there is no need for accusations.
>
> Another possibility is that family chatter would tip off the sisters if one
> was temporarily absent from the game: off to her father-in-law's hospital
> bed for instance, reducing by one the pool of possibilities.  The remaining
> sisters may not think to suspend the game until rejoined by the fifth
> singing beauty.

Just to pop out this bit for comment: did you take a  moment to read the
linked paper, Spike? What you suggest here off the top of your head has
absolutely nothing in common with the experiment as described. I can't
easily imagine this being acceptable on ExIchat if someone was trying to
laugh away/explain away results of professional stem cell work or solar
power generation in space or other topics frequently mocked by those who
can't be troubled to find out what's actually being done and proposed.

Damien Broderick