[ExI] Some new angle about AI

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 16:07:02 UTC 2010

2010/1/8 Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com>:
> He explicitly says that a machine could fully reproduce the function
> of a brain but fail to reproduce the consciousness of the brain.

I suspect a few list members have stopped by now to follow this
thread, and I am reading it myself on and off, but I really wonder: am
I really the only one who thinks this to be a contradiction in terms,
not allowing any sensible answer? Or that mystical concepts of
"coscience" do not bear close inspection in the first place, so making
any debate on the possibility of emulation on systems different from
organic brains rather moot?

--
Stefano Vaj