[ExI] Some new angle about AI

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 23:57:09 UTC 2010

--- On Fri, 1/8/10, Aware <aware at awareresearch.com> wrote:

> But there's no understanding in the human brain,
> either, nor any evidence for it, EXCEPT FOR THE REPORTS OF AN
> OBSERVER.

And what do you think that observer is reporting about, Jef?

Without your self-reported observations of your own understanding, you would lack intentionality. You would have only weak AI.

> We don't have understanding in our brains, but we
> don't need it.

Absurd. I suppose you think your sentence above has meaning, and that you understand it. I suppose also that if I removed certain parts of your brain or impaired it with drugs then you would cease to understand it. Sure seems to me that you understand words in your brain.

-gts