[ExI] Meaningless Symbols.

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 03:59:38 UTC 2010

2010/1/14 The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com>:

> *China room no important me say*
>
>  If you can understand that, then syntax is not all that relevant to human understanding at a fundamental level. A similarly scrambled statement in any scripting language that I can think of would have caused the program to halt. Yet your brain takes it stride and understands. *This* is what I think is fascinating.

A human natural language is not like a programming language but more
like a complex application written in the programming language. The
programming language is like the genetic code, which cannot cope with
syntactical errors. And the genetic code is itself an example of an
abstract program which, when implemented, gives rise to intelligence
and consciousness.

--
Stathis Papaioannou