[ExI] EPOC EEG headset

Giulio Prisco (2nd email) eschatoon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:10:24 UTC 2010

Wow impressive. I am also interested in Bryan's question: how fast can you type?

The video is impressive for those who already know about EPOC, other
viewers would not realize that you are controlling the robot arm by
thought. Next time you may wish to include yourself with the device
on, and your hands still.

G.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/20  <ablainey at aol.com>:
>> Hi Everyone.
>> Just thought i'd stop lurking to give you a link to a video I have just put
>> on Youtube. I have just got my hands on an EPOC headset. Which, for those
>> that don't know. It reads various thought patterns which can be interpreted
>> and used to trigger keyboard events etc. I have cobbled together a 5 axis
>> robot arm, switchboxes and a quick bit of software to read the keyboard
>> event which are output from the Epoc and the result is a brain controlled
>> robot arm.
>> I don't need to state the implications.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cq35VbRpTY
>>
>> Leave a comment, or let me know if you want to replicate the set up for your
>> self.
>
> Thanks for that, Alex. Can you please take a typing test and report
> what sort of wpm you're able to achieve?
>
> - Bryan
> http://heybryan.org/
> 1 512 203 0507

Giulio Prisco