[ExI] heaves a long broken psi

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 14:43:42 UTC 2010

On 1/24/10, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> Indeed. But doesn't the theory expressly exclude that entanglement can
>  be profited from in terms of information exchange? Moreover, wouldn't
>  any "ordinary", albeit unknown/unclear, way of data transmission work
>  equally well, at least with regard to the PSI anomalies that are the
>  most likely to correspond to actual, repeatable phenomena. as in
>  telepathy between two human subjects in plain view of each other?

The point about humans guessing at random is that the human brain
doesn't do 'random'.
The brain is always looking for patterns, even where none exist.

In psi tests the brain is continuously making up stories, like the
ball 'must' land on red next, or tails is expected now, or the next
symbol must be a star.

If you give the brain a random list, it is most unlikely that the
human will guess correctly at the expected chance (random) level.
Either because the test was too short. Because the expected chance
level is only achieved over long durations tests to remove random
fluctuations.
Or the human was making up patterns of guesses (it has to - that's the
way it works) and the patterns don't match a randomized list. They
will be better or worse.

Or you can keep analysing the guesses, matching the one before or the
one after, or last weeks guesses with this weeks tests, etc. etc.
desperately thrashing around until you find something that you could
call psi.  I call it random. That's why the tests are not repeatable.

BillK