[ExI] Paracrap again and it's long:) (was heaves a long broken psi)

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 25 01:29:23 UTC 2010

--- On Sun, 1/24/10, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> The point about humans guessing at random is that the human brain
doesn't do 'random'. The brain is always looking for patterns, even
where none exist.

I am curious about this as I believed that Psi is much related
to patterns.  When you say none exist and I know this might sound
crazy but could you give me an example.  I know in our subconscious thoughts we do things everyday such as scratch our noses and
yet these thoughts don't stay integrated into our overall
consciousness. We just don't think about them. We think of
memories, tasks, feelings and/ideas.

When I mean memories I mean everything that our conscious has
chosen to remember.   Each individual is a sphere of memories.
Not any other human being can see, hear, taste, touch or
experience the consciousness of another.  They may have similar
thoughts and ideas but they can never experience it perfectly
in the exact same fashion as the other.  This is what makes us
unique individuals. Much like scratching our noses maybe the brain
is constantly searching for patters that maybe subconsciously we
are not even aware.

> In psi tests the brain is continuously making up stories, like
the ball 'must' land on red next, or tails is expected now, or
the next symbol must be a star.

What if the brain is doing the calculations without awareness?
What if extra-perception is merely a means at becoming aware of the
patterns? The other day someone mentioned that they had an awareness
that someone else might have been in an accident.  How could this
feeling possibly have travelled to one location to another?  I
really have no idea, maybe static?  Who knows.  Whatever the case
may be, the memory she experienced was subconscious.  Whether real
or not, the thought popped into her mind and she was quick to
re-call it when the topic became available.  Doesn't anybody find
that amazing?

Now I know the John Clarks;) will say, "but how do you know she
didn't imagine it or she is lying?", well you don't.
You can only imagine.  It's much like doing math.  You weigh
the matter.  One possibility is that she showed up on the Extropy
Chat by chance and because she saw what was being discussed she
openly gave her memory of thought on that subject. Otherwise she
is either out for attention or lying.  Highly unlikely to me as she
mentioned that she was in the Science Realm and who wants to be a
called "a kook":).  She went out of her way to mention something
that was exceptional to her even with fear of ridicule.
When you get to know people very well you take into account many
factors.  I think people have extra-perception in many areas.

> If you give the brain a random list, it is most unlikely
that the human will guess correctly at the expected chance
(random)level. Either because the test was too short. Because
the expected chance level is only achieved over long durations
tests to remove random fluctuations. Or the human was making
up patterns of guesses (it has to - that's the way it works) and
the patterns don't match a randomized list. They will be better
or worse.

Exactly my point.  She was either random and crazy or she was
telling the truth.  That's why it's so hard to do Psi testing,
it takes those slight moments of subconscious thoughts to weigh
the matter as opposed to random testing.

Anyway back to the brain calculations without awareness.  What if
the patterns are already embedded?  Could genes hold these patterns?
If genes can re-call our eye color or birth defects why wouldn't
they pass on symbols or metrics?

So many thoughts and questions from such a small paragraph..thanks
Bill..you gave me some thoughts to ponder. Apparently I have too much
time on my hands:)