[ExI] goats and gullibility

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Jan 26 19:07:12 UTC 2010

On 1/26/2010 3:18 AM, BillK wrote:
>>   Savelli was not in Star Gate.

> Ooooh!  Nitpick.

Not a nitpick. Savelli was not involved with the scientific remote
viewing program.

> The name Star Gate was not used until 1991.
> But those involved started around 1970 and went through many name
> changes, personnel changes and sub-projects.

So what? The long-time scientific director of the program, Dr. Edwin May
(involved with SRI/SAIC's project from 1976-95), told me: "Never heard
of him." The internet is clogged with lying bozos who either were never
involved with the government psi program or were briefly connected to it
in minor roles (like Major Ed Dames) and now boast that they were key
geniuses and operatives, as they rake in the dough from gullible idiots.

What I find breathtaking is the way various intelligent people on this
list are equally gleefully gullible in quoting this drivel as if it
proved something, instead of either keeping their mouths shut (if they
know nothing about it) or doing their due diligence before speaking.
There's plenty to complain about in the way STAR GATE frayed and
degenerated toward the end (see READING THE ENEMY'S MIND, Major Paul H.
Smith's history of his involvement in STAR GATE), but that's no more
reason to dismiss the solid core work than it would be (like the
godbotherers) to dismiss stem cell work because of the embarrassments in
Korea.

Damien Broderick