[ExI] goats and gullibility

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 20:59:24 UTC 2010

On 1/26/10, Damien Broderick wrote:
>  Not a nitpick. Savelli was not involved with the scientific remote viewing
> program.
>
>  So what? The long-time scientific director of the program, Dr. Edwin May
> (involved with SRI/SAIC's project from 1976-95), told me: "Never heard of
> him." The internet is clogged with lying bozos who either were never
> involved with the government psi program or were briefly connected to it in
> minor roles (like Major Ed Dames) and now boast that they were key geniuses
> and operatives, as they rake in the dough from gullible idiots.

OK. If you define Star Gate as May's SRI/SAIC remote viewing project,
then I agree that Savelli and many other psychics were not involved in
that particular part of the government psychic research program.

The term 'Star Gate' is more normally used as an umbrella term for the
many sub-projects involving psychic research. It was initiated by the
CIA at SRI, but other branches of the government were running projects
as well, including Army Intelligence and the Defense Intelligence
Agency.

Obviously, a military project trying to kill goats via psychic powers
would not come under May's domain.

By the way I noticed that many of the so-called psychics at SRI were
$cientologists that credited their psychic powers to $cientology
training, so they had very much a vested interest in persuading people
that they were getting good results. Personally I don't think I would
ever believe anything that was credited to $cientology super-powers.

BillK