[ExI] funny headlines again

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jan 28 20:22:56 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Tom Nowell
> Subject: Re: [ExI] funny headlines again
>
> Spike asked Damien if it was getting harder to find good
> proofreaders...The Daily Telegraph (a daily paper
> right-wing enough to be nicknamed "The Torygraph") outsourced
> their subediting to a firm in Australia... Tom

Tom you gave me a hell of an idea.  We can be rich and famous!  (You can do
famous, I'll be rich.)  We can form a news agency, then outsource the copy
editing to Africa.  Reasoning: the Africans learn their English not the way
you and I did, on the playground, but rather from a textbook.  If you
personally know African immigrants, they tend to have nearly perfect grammar
and spelling, ja?  Furthermore, Africa is a continent not already
overflowing with money like Europe, Australia and North America, so we could
get the labor force cheeeeapy cheap.

What a business model!