[ExI] sounds like a meme to me

Spencer Campbell lacertilian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 01:27:06 UTC 2010

2010/1/28 Frank McElligott <Frankmac at ripco.com>
> Could not help think that the the collapse on the U.S. and world markets were caused by a powerful meme, and now at Davos they are creating more without considering their giving life to memes which could cause a double drip recession.

No doubt about it in my mind. Economic metastability is just one
brilliant memetic engineer away from being a reality. Nothing is
really stopping the US from becoming a utopia within a couple months,
in purely physical terms, but obviously moving the gargantuan mass of
bad ideas out of the way is going to take a whole lot longer than
that. My estimate would be on the order of hundreds of years,
optimistically, even accounting for a technological singularity in the
meantime.

Well, unless it's a malignant technological singularity. Then it'll
just eat the planet and everything else is moot!

Here's hoping our artificial god sees fit to devote a couple tons of
quantum-computing matter toward giving us a nice afterlife. Preferably
using some process that doesn't do this:

http://nobodyscores.loosenutstudio.com/index.php?id=524