[ExI] geeky people, I need a couple of alpha testers...

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 01:11:28 UTC 2010

... for something of very little consequence.

I use an RSS to email gateway for reading newsfeeds. A couple of days
ago the free service I use went to non-free. Crap. I figured "it can't
be hard to make one of these", and wrote one.

It's really, really, really bare bones but it does appear to work, and
I could use some other users besides myself, to add a bit of load.

So, if a few people could use it to subscribe to some stuff, I'd be
eternally grateful, or at least I'd think you are cool for a little
while.

You subscribe to a feed by going here: http://www.productx.net
You unsubscribe from a feed by clicking the unsubscribe link at the
bottom of any notification email.

Be warned, it's completely unconfigurable at the moment.

Also, I *will* see all your feeds and email addresses, I'm monitoring
this stuff of course, so don't subscribe to anything you'd be
embarrassed for me to know about :-)

Quick tech notes: it's written in python, running in google app
engine, currently costing me zero.

--
Emlyn

http://www.songsofmiseryanddespair.com - My show, Fringe 2010