[ExI] Understanding is useless

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 00:36:36 UTC 2010

--- On Fri, 1/29/10, Jeff Davis <jrd1415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gordon would not be dissuaded from his position without empirical
> evidence to counter his view, and the required evidence -- a
> materialist, non-magical neurological explanation for consciousness,
> intelligence, intentionality, mind, etc --does not yet exist.

You still don't understand me, Jeff. I argue here for exactly such an explanation.

The mystics -- the people who believe in magic -- are those who believe we can separate mental phenomena from the neurological material that causes that phenomena, as if the mind exists like software running on hardware.

-gts