[ExI] Understanding is useless

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 11:36:48 UTC 2010

On 1/29/2010 6:36 PM, Gordon Swobe wrote:
>  Jeff Davis<jrd1415 at gmail.com>  wrote:

>> >  Gordon would not be dissuaded from his position without empirical
>> >  evidence to counter his view, and the required evidence -- a
>> >  materialist, non-magical neurological explanation for consciousness,
>> >  intelligence, intentionality, mind, etc --does not yet exist.

> You still don't understand me, Jeff. I argue here for exactly such an explanation.

It seems that Gordon is so convinced he's right that anyone who disagrees with him obviously *can't* understand, no matter how carefully they spell out their understanding of his position, and the logical errors in it.  Errors? no, no, there can't be errors in a point of view that's correct, therefore anyone who sees errors in it mustn't understand it!  QED.

It seems the title of this thread really is true!

Ben Zaiboc