[ExI] Libertarian-spotting field guide

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 05:30:00 UTC 2010

This one is fun:
Caption: LEFT-WING
Woman in distance, yelling to be heard: I’m HERE! i EXIST! i’m against
the goverment AND corporations! why does everyone always ignore me?

Which is precisely my own position: I am against big government and,
for the same reason, I am against big corporations with
government-like powers, which become de-facto monopolies by bribing
big government and lock the marketplace for smaller corporations.

What I fing sad is the "why does everyone always ignore me?" line,
which is correct. Most people don't want to hear reasoned and balanced
positions, they want to hear black-and-white one liners. Greedy big
government and big corporations officers know this, and use it.