[ExI] Americans polled about their views of the future

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 11:12:13 UTC 2010

Hello Anders!,

It's been a long time (well..., at least since Convergence).  I am
currently packing up my things to move a few miles across town to a
nicer apt. complex with my roommates.  I'm currently unemployed (never
did finish college) but expect to find work soon (doing whatever...).
I would say in general my life has stalled. lol  I nearly joined the
military a few years ago, but did not (I'm now too old).  I defaulted
on my student loans (years ago) and so I cannot get Pell grants,
loans, etc. to go back to school, and of course bankruptcy will not
erase such a debt.  If you ever come across a time machine, please let
me know so I can go back to day one of my college experience...

If cryonics works I may have a second chance.  But that if an awfully
huge "if."  And I can just imagine being brought back in the year 2150
and being told that my student debt load is still owed and now even
vastly larger!! lol

I have mixed feelings about Arizona, but it's my home now (I was
raised in Alaska).  My dad lives in a rent control apt. in New York
City ($325 a month, 2 bedrooms) and in theory I could take it over.
But it's still an expensive city and I have had some former New
Yorkers say it may not be a great experience for me to relocate there.

Wow!  I'm impressed by your grandmother's longevity!  I hope you
inherited those genes and outlive us all.  : )  I'm glad your academic
career worked out so well and you have so much to do and see.  But try
to find a little time for yourself.  Oh, and don't grow up *too much!*
hee

Best wishes,

John