[ExI] proton measurement upset

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Thu Jul 8 19:04:38 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 7/8/10, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

...Measurements with lasers have revealed that the proton may be a touch smaller than predicted by current theories...

A touch smaller?  4% is huuuge.  Did they mean 4 parts per billion?  I know it is premature judgment and all that, but this result must be wrong, waaaaay wrong.  I can't imagine how this could be right.  No way!  Can't be, just can't.  That result messes up quantum theory all to holler.  Actually it messes up more than just quantum theory.