[ExI] Belief in maths (was mind body dualism).

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 9 04:20:45 UTC 2010

On Jul 8, 2010, at 10:47 PM, Mike Dougherty wrote:

> how many consecutive fair flips does it take to make you suspicious?

42

> three, five, 10?

Actually, assuming I knew nothing else about the coin, each time it came up heads my suspicion would double. However if I was allowed to examine the coin and learned:

1) That the coin did actually have a tail side.
2) There were no unusual unsymmetrical aspects in the shape, weight distribution or magnetic attraction in the coin.

Then my suspicion would decrease. It would decrease even more if I got a professional stage magician to observe the coin flips with me.

  John K Clark