[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 82, Issue 15

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 11 01:38:29 UTC 2010

"Whether or not the human race subconsciously equates attempts to defeat death with treachery, it’s true that a general air of menace hangs over the quest for immortality in Western literature. Think Gilgamesh or Voldemort."

Think Genesis. I read the old testament once years ago very carefully for several reasons, but mostly to see what all the fuss was about. I grew up in a small Baptist community and I was taught that the Christian God expelled Adam and Eve for eating from the Tree of Knowedge of Good and Evil. Not so. According to Genesis, he kicked them out because he didn't want them eating from the Tree of Life, which would then make them immortal and God-like.  This taboo against extending life in dramatic ways permeates much of our mythology, both religious and secular.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
For more info on author Darren Greer visit
http://darrenshawngreer.blogspot.com