[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 82, Issue 15

darren shawn greer dgreer_68 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 11 02:09:02 UTC 2010

Tribalism.

> A central feature of tribalism is the us/them dichotomy. "Us"
> truthful and good, "them" untruthful and evil.

Edward Said said in his book Orientalism that the battle of the times is not East vs. West but fundamentalism against modernity. Margaret Lawarence (from my own country) wrote in her essay Tribalism: Us and Them that the battle consists of tribalism vs. globalism, and that tribalism is the blight in the centre of the human heart.

Per Ardua Ad Astra
For more info on author Darren Greer visit
http://darrenshawngreer.blogspot.com