[ExI] Lottery winner

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jul 14 01:52:28 UTC 2010

--- On Tue, 7/13/10, Frank McElligott <Frankmac at ripco.com> wrote:

	From: Frank McElligott <Frankmac at ripco.com>

	>...Once wrote  here concerning winning lotteries that if you kept
winning they would stop you from playing, only to find a woman  in Texas who
as won 4 lotteries and the state  of Texas said...Seems she is  a college
Math professor, makes  you wonder that either she has figured it out, or she
has a very high PSI....Hey  what do you think Spike

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100713/ap_on_re_us/us_luckiest_lottery_winner

	Frank

Well Frank, let me put it this way.  When Damien writes about Psi and the
edge of our understanding, his claims are not outrageous.  He does not
saying anything like "there is some mysterious something that somehow helps
some lottery players."  He uses carefully balanced and well-thought-out
notions that give us good reasons to think about the topic, but does not
insist that some effect is definitely there.

To say there is no evidence for any of it really isn't quite true.  The four
time lottery winner could be, probably is, just a wildly unlikely anomaly.
But it is some indication that we don't understand everything about
everything.  Ja?  I would rather say something like: "There may be some
phenomena that may be evidence of some kind of psi.  There is no satisfying
explanation for why one lottery player won four times."

Hows that for a non-commital answer?  {8^D  I don't know!

We have other things that have happened that are wildly unlikely.  Cooper
and Boone discovered TWO Mersenne primes, one in december 05 and the other
in September 06.  That one defies logic and can be calculated to be wildly
unlikely, but it happened.

Hey maybe we are living in a sim, and the observers are having a ball
watching how we deal with the occasional anomaly.  Let's keep our eyes open
and our minds sharp, shall we?