[ExI] Lottery winner

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 04:25:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> We have other things that have happened that are wildly unlikely.  Cooper
> and Boone discovered TWO Mersenne primes, one in december 05 and the other
> in September 06.  That one defies logic and can be calculated to be wildly
> unlikely, but it happened.
>
> Hey maybe we are living in a sim, and the observers are having a ball
> watching how we deal with the occasional anomaly.  Let's keep our eyes open
> and our minds sharp, shall we?

I believe more thought is warranted on the Mersenne prime graph you
posted a few months ago.  The slope of lines drawn through consecutive
primes changed noticeably at some point in the progression.  The 'run'
of >3 primes along each of those lines seems significant too.

Does this number spiral mean something too? [1]  Or are math nerds
simply constructing a very complex filter for viewing random noise in
a way that appears to have a meaningful pattern?  Where I was
non-committal answer John Clark's question about it being more fun to
believe in psi, I readily admit that I do think it is more fun to
believe there is a deeper order in numbers than we are currently able
to understand.  Maybe it's a similar form of self-delusion, but I am
more compelled by numbers than anything anyone has ever told me.  Of
that I am sure.

[1] http://numberspiral.com/