[ExI] Sarah Palin

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 23:44:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:52 PM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I must respectfully disagree. Islam itself (I would like to think)
> did not carry out the 9-11 attack, but instead it was
> radical/terrorist members of Islam.

Yes, I agree, Mr. Grigg.

The last nine years have seen an intense and unrelenting -- and
clearly unwarranted -- broad-brush demonization of Islam.  I see Mr.
Clark's post as reflection of that larger trend, aimed at -- and
successfully so -- making Muslims the new boogie man.  A replacement
for the old Soviet Union.

Mr. Clark's view is further amplified by his contempt for religion in
general, a view I agree with, but choose not to dwell on overmuch.
For the record, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, and all the
rest, are just different flavors of the same atrocity-justifying
cultural identity memeset.  They ***ALL*** do the "Gott mit uns" crap,
as they litter the earth with corpses.

Keith would want it mentioned here, that from an EP point of view -- a
gene set and meme set point of view -- these little spasms of
population reduction are entirely constructive.  Limited resources
generates stress, which leads to grouchiness, which leads to wa,r
which reduces the population, which reduces the stress,  and thus
restores equilibrium and -- voila! -- peace (temporarily).

                             ************************************

MASSIVELY POLITICALLY INCORRECT COMMENT FOLLOWS, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

All this talk of Muslim badness and murder and celebrating evil, etc,
bothers me.  It's so one-sided.  It's all cultural echo chamber and no
"other side of the story".   Mark Twain spoke to this problem of what
is at bottom the fruit of cultural bias:

"I have no special regard for Satan; but I can at least claim that I
have no prejudice against him. It may even be that I lean a little his
way, on account of his not having a fair show. All religions issue
bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but
we never hear his side. We have none but the evidence for the
prosecution, and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is
irregular. It is un-English; it is un-American; it is French. Without
this precedent Dreyfus could not have been condemned. Of course Satan
has some kind of a case, it goes without saying. It may be a poor one,
but that is nothing; that can be said about any of us. As soon as I
can get at the facts I will undertake his rehabilitation myself, if I
can find an unpolitic publisher. It is a thing which we ought to be
willing to do for any one who is under a cloud. We may not pay him
reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect
his talents. A person who has for untold centuries maintained the
imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race,
and political head of the whole of it, must be granted the possession
of executive abilities of the loftiest order."

So my question to anyone who cares to consider it is this:

Were the attacks of 9/11 murderous atrocities, or were they a
rational, strategic, and justified ***COUNTER-ATTACK*** against those
who had been committing violence against Muslims -- Zionist project,
Shah of Iran, Iraqi sanctions -- since forever, and utterly deaf to
any peaceful and lawful appeals to modify their violent behavior?  Was
it in fact an egregious attack, or was it ***JUSTIFIED*** and
completely predictable pushback?

I'm sorry.  I don't want to be the one to ask this question., but...

Small point.  I want to anticipate one line of rebuttal.  The "It was
a terrorist attack!  Innocent civilians were targeted and killed!"
Innocent civilians?  Guilty civilians?  Innocent military personnel?
Guilty military personnel?  Are there any real rules regarding who it
is okay to kill? or Isn't it all just war-bullshit rhetoric?

Let me answer this last question.  War is the ultimate state of
non-cooperation.  It is beyond absurd to imagine that you can tell an
adversary how they may conduct a war against you.

I'm sorry.  This whole business just sickens me.  Enough.

 Best, Jeff Davis

"...short of genocide, it is not possible to attain a final military
victory over a justified sense of grievance."
                              Michael Breen