[ExI] Sarah Palin

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 21 03:55:04 UTC 2010

On Jul 20, 2010, at 5:52 PM, John Grigg wrote:

> I must respectfully disagree. Islam itself (I would like to think)
> did not carry out the 9-11 attack, but instead it was
> radical/terrorist members of Islam.

Yea yea I've heard that tired old apology for evil before: It's not the *real* Islamic people who have power in the Islamic world, who mutilate women, stone people to death for trivial crimes or no crime at all, believe in Bullshit and want to kill you if you don't believe in the same Bullshit they do. Real Islamic people don't give hateful and stupid speeches, engage in violent demonstrations, write screeds so dumb they would be comical if they didn't cause so much harm to the world, and vow to kill novelists and cartoonists. Real islamic people do none of those things, real Islamic people say nothing, write nothing, think nothing and in fact do nothing at all.

I'M NOT BUYING THAT LOAD OF HORSE MANURE!

And it's interesting that about half the people responding to my comments think I'm being too mean to these religious thugs while the other half thinks we should use code words so as not to get into trouble with these oh so tolerant sweethearts.

>  Ironically, the more we fight these guys, the more we tend (unless very careful)
> to become *like them.*

I think the real danger is in becoming tolerant of intolerance. It's as if somebody from the 1930's was intimidated from criticizing a certain German leader for fear of being called a racist and discriminating against the Aryan race. Political correctness be damned, some things are just wrong.

 John K Clark