[ExI] NYT: The Technocracy Boom

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 22:58:43 UTC 2010

On 7/21/10, max wrote:
> I continue to be amazed at people saying that we need even more
> government and more complex regulation because markets have failed. They
> really believe that US health care and financial institutions were
> unregulated.

Well, I think we're all agreed that something went wrong.

Regulatory capture by big business is the big problem I see.

Not much point in having regulations when the regulators are bribed to
turn a blind eye and not do their job and the big businesses are 'too
big to fail' so must be handed billions in bailouts by the captured
government.

BillK