[ExI] Religions and violence

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 23:23:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Ben Zaiboc

> There is only one religion that I know of that explicitly encourages its members to tell lies in order to further its ends.

Politicians of all stripes of course, but explicitly, the
Neoconservatives take from their founder Leo Strauss the explicit
direction to lie in order to achieve their ends.  They declare
outcomes to be everything, ethics to be quaint,  themselves to be the
illuminati, superior in their thinking, superior in their actions,
superior in their effectiveness, above the social contract and above
the childlike restraints imposed by ethics.

Admittedly, Neoconsevatism is not a religion.

Best, Jeff Davis

      "The whole problem with the world is that fools
              and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
                           and wiser people so full of doubts."
                                                   Bertrand Russell