[ExI] Religions and violence.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 25 16:52:49 UTC 2010

On Jul 25, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Keith Henson wrote:

> If you wanted to see Islam become a peaceful religion, figure out how
> to raise the average income per capita over a long term for those
> peoples.

That might help but I don't think it tells the entire story. None of the 19 hijackers from 911 came from the poorest of the poor, they were middle or upper middle class and many, including their leader,
had a college education. And it's a little hard to use poverty as an excuse for barbarism from a people living directly over most of the world's oil.

  John K Clark