[ExI] Religions and violence

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 17:38:23 UTC 2010

Another factor that has occurred to me is sex.

Am I being naive in thinking that the most violent religions are also the most sexually repressive?  Is it true?  Is it a coincidence?

Googling on this brings up a lot of stuff, but most of it seems to be over-the-top Islam-bashing, weak apologetics or unhelpful 'advice' to confused teenagers.  I've not found any sensible arguments on the topic.

I imagine EP has something to say on this, but I'm not qualified to do anything more than speculate.

Ben Zaiboc