[ExI] south carolina primary election

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Tue Jun 15 17:05:28 UTC 2010

> This time-bomb is ticking away:
> http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/15/clyburn-claims-hacking-greenes-surprise-win-sc-senate-race/

--- On Tue, 6/15/10, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

...This is known technically as the "donkey vote." It has to be taken into consideration, but it's rarely critical...

Agreed, the donkey vote is negligible, but this actually reinforces my point.  We have a case of a disputed vote which really does look suspicious as all hell, in an election using machines that cannot be audited.  This was a merciful warning shot across the bow, since this election was only a primary, so all the contestants are of the same party, in a state no one ever heard of anyway.

But what if this happens in a national election, in a country with a celebrated history of armed resistance to the government, when that government had the option of making paper-receipt machine ballots and deliberately failed to choose it, when people are already extremely distrustful of the government and eeeeverybody has guns?

This bodes ill.