[ExI] YES! Hard-core transhumanist splinter groups yearning for cyber-heaven

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 02:43:00 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Really Big Quantum Computation. Reply: yeah, and Descartes allegedly flung
> cats out of his upstairs window to perish when they struck the ground
> because his philosophy made much the same claim about them.

Schrodinger tried to make some statement using a cat too.  Or was that
two cats?  No, it was one cat in two states.  Well, it was within one
geographic and political region despite being both alive and dead.
What a dubious experiment.  I think the real story is that he
accidentally killed his girlfriend's cat and the whole 'experiment' is
a ruse to keep her guessing about the fate of the poor pet.
"Seriously as long as you don't open the box to look the cat is alive.
 Yes; and possibly also dead.  As long as you don't 'collapse the wave
function' and become 'entangled' with a dead cat, all is well."  :)

http://xkcd.com/45/