[ExI] transhumanism as a philosophy

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Tue Jun 22 18:18:38 UTC 2010

Quoting Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com>:

> Believe me Natasha, I perfectly understand your reaction. But Damien's
> "accusation" is not an accusation, but a statement of fact.

I think you misread Damien's message.  He said: "Hence, it hardly
seems necessary to invoke a conspiracy to explain why ..."  I did not
invoke a conspiracy. I was recalling what had transpired and which is
well known as a matter of Fact.

I have been a big cheerleader and a pain in the neck to get Max up and
running again and I am clearly and most definitely not in denial about
his absence and the absence of all the frick'n hard work. THAT IS A
FACT.

> It is a fact that others have taken advantage of the perceived absence
> of Max and the Extropy Institute, and promoted their favorite
> interpretation of transhumanism as _the_ interpretation of
> transhumanism.

Yes, this is very true.

> I and many others are not satisfied with this.

Yes, this is very true.

> There
> are certainly many exciting transhumanist projects around, but without
> the central hub that the Extropy Institute represented.

Yes, this is very true.

> The question is, how to recover the spirit and practical organization
> of a few years ago.

Some $$$ would be a great start. :-)