[ExI] A simple, but powerful technology for the abused

Max More max at maxmore.com
Wed Jun 23 07:00:54 UTC 2010

It's not specifically transhumanist, but this is a technology that I
celebrate for its ability (at least claimed, yet to be established)
for reducing horrific abuse.

I found the following quote to be utterly bloody awful (I can only
hope it's exaggerated, but I fear not):

"it's estimated that 500,000 rapes are committed annually in South
Africa, and the likelihood of a young woman being sexually assaulted
is far greater than her learning how to read."

Apparently, the Rape-Axe can help:

http://www.thegrio.com/news/anti-rape-condoms-with-teeth-make-debut-at-world-cup.php

Now this is an augmentation that has major, immediate effects in at
least some parts of the world.

Max

Max More, Ph.D.
Strategic Philosopher