[ExI] few bits per second

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 27 17:40:39 UTC 2010

On Jun 26, 2010, at 11:59 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:

> On 6/26/2010 10:25 PM, Ross Evans wrote:
>
>> The work of P.E.A.R has been debunked many times, I am surprised that
>> this is news to you.
>
> I suggest you read some of the detailed statistical reports from PEAR. Go to http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/publications.html and look at any of the experimental reports (not the discursive essays). (Of course you won't, you know in your bones, as John Clark does, that it's all BULLSHIT.)

I sent the following message to the list on February 10 2007, nothing has changed since then:

Speaking of BULLSHIT, on the front page of today's New York Times there is
an article about the ESP "lab" at Princeton (PEAR). It is closing down after
28 years. One of the chief witchdoctors there is quoted as saying something
that to my surprise I agree with completely: "There is no reason to stay and
generate more of the same data. If people don't believe us after all the
results we've produced then they never will." More crappy data just will not
help.

The article also describes the joy many at the university felt about its
demise and how none of the 700 full professors at Princeton had joined PEAR,
and how they never got published in first rate science journals, and how
they went to the National Enquire of science journals "The Society for
Scientific Exploration" a rag that is never cited by anybody worth reading.
Besides ESP it also loves UFOs, spoon bending, and of course cold fusion.
But that august journal does not love everything, it prints attacks on
relativity and evolution.

   John K Clark