[ExI] Important Books

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Mon Jun 28 21:38:04 UTC 2010

--- On Mon, 6/28/10, John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:

>...Yes read anything by Dawkins, the man seems incapable of writing anything dull and stupidity is totally beyond his comprehension. I have never read a Dawkins book that wasn't a masterpiece...

Ja!  Dawkins gave a talk at a local bookstore nearly four yrs ago, bunch of us ExI-chat types showed up with approximately 6 billion others.  It was difficult to find standing room in that place, even for me, and I don't require much space in the lateral and transverse axes.  The late comers were out of luck, no room at the inn.  The fire chief would have had a cow had he known.

Dawkins' talk was so good I wanted to grab him and hug him afterwards, but I am totally hetero and he might be squicked by the whole notion as well.  Dr. Graps was with us; felt similarly compelled but failed to act on it.  Had we been expressive and impulsive protobonobos instead of these overly reserved and supressed humans into which we have evolved, perhaps we would have just done it.

That was a great time for the local ExI types.  We should do that again.

spike