[ExI] Is the brain a digital computer?

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 00:07:19 UTC 2010

--- On Sat, 2/27/10, Christopher Luebcke <cluebcke at yahoo.com> wrote:

> If my fervent belief that spreadsheets are not round and magnetic
> commits me to property dualism, then I fully embrace my hitherto
> undiscovered, yet apparently inescapable, dogma.

It does not.

If you think the conscious thoughts in your head exist as non-physical properties of brain matter then you can embrace property dualism.

If you think the conscious thoughts in your head do not exist as any sort of property of matter, but rather as something entirely distinct from matter, then you can embrace substance dualism.

If you think the conscious thoughts in your head exist as physical properties of matter then you can embrace materialism.

If you think the conscious thoughts in your head exist only in your imagination then you can embrace Spencer Campbell.

If you can think, but you think you do not exist, then you can embrace Jef-with-the-one-f-who-has-no-self.

If you cannot think at all then you can embrace John Clark.

-gts