[ExI] Is the brain a digital computer?

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 00:42:16 UTC 2010

--- On Sat, 2/27/10, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's true that there is no requirement for an AI to follow
> brain architecture, but I am considering the special case where
> it does.

After mulling over your thought experiment for oh so many weeks, it seems to me apparent that weak AI *must* deviate from organic structure. So I don't know what you mean by "special case", unless you've just begged the question of strong AI.

I don't know if you understand the full ramifications of those false assumptions that I pointed out. I don't know why we/I didn't see them sooner.

-gts