[ExI] The entropy of Extropy-Chat

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:03:38 UTC 2010

On 1 March 2010 22:21, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:
> No.  You have been repeatedly criticised for repeatedly contradicting yourself, making circular arguments and simply ignoring valid challenges to your ideas.

I would not criticise too much Gordon for the circularity of the
threads concerned.

He has done nothing else than reiterating forever with different words
statements as to what is "obvious" for him, in particular regarding
some ineffable, ill-defined property of some organic brains, the
existence of which should be an article of faith. This is hardly
original or heretic, since it has been a widespread meme in the
western culture for some 500 or 1000 years by now.

What I found surprising and made the debate mostly pointless is that
many people has taken this stance as pertaining to a factual issue,
engaging in the impossible task of "demonstrating" that such property
could be replicated, something which is impossible by definition, and
shows if anything how the dualistic mentality has still deep roots
even in our ranks - and not just in Gordon.

--
Stefano Vaj