[ExI] Question from a neophyte

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 2 23:41:21 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of
> Sarah Wood
> Subject: [ExI] Question from a neophyte
>
> ...I would like to know what
> are, in your opinion, the (three? five?) most important
> foundational texts that one should read to become versed in
> the basic principles and vocabulary of the subject.
>
> Please forgive (and redirect) me if this is not the appropriate forum.
>
> Sarah

Welcome Sarah!

These are all older works, but you wanted foundation texts, so I would
nominate in this order:

1.  Extropian Principles:

http://www.maxmore.com/extprn3.htm

2.  The Spike, by Damien Broderick, who hangs out here,

3.  The Selfish Gene by Dawkins

4.  Engines of Creation by K. Eric Drexler

and for space 5, perhaps an old personal favorite: Godel Escher Bach, an
Eternal Golden Braid by Hofstadter.

Feel free to tell us something about you.