[ExI] Question from a neophyte

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 11:57:38 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 8:19 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Transhumanist_books>
>>
>> And, of course, the most excellent 'The Spike' by Damien Broderick.
>
> Why isn't The Spike on that list?

It wasn't on the list because it wasn't included in the category
"Transhumanist books". I fixed that by adding:

[[Category:Transhumanist books]]

to its page.

> I realize it is mostly about
> technological change and the singularity, but it has a lot of good
> transhumanist stuff in there.  Also conspicuously missing is AC Clarke's
> Profiles of the Future.  I realize Profiles is nearly fifty years old, but
> that in itself is a remarkable tribute to the man, that we are reading and
> discussing it still.
>
> Any wiki-hipsters here who would edit those in, please?

I also added Great Mambo Chicken, but that was a bit more work. Since
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Transhumanist_books> is a
generated page containing a list of pages in that category, I had to
create a stub page for Mambo Chicken. Even though it looks trivial, it
took me half an hour or so to figure out what needed to be in there.
The next one should go faster.

-Dave