[ExI] Social implications of widespread extropian/positivist ideals.

ddraig ddraig at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 10:04:44 UTC 2010

> Why are you living with such a creep?

Because he is a good friend of mine and he needs people to help him
while he is currently mentally ill. And none of his other friends are
supporting him. But, the latest round is just a bit much even for me.
I have very strong opinions about friendship and loyalty. Perhaps too
strong. But I have hit my limit.

> Get out now!

His sister (who owns the apartment) is evicting the pair of us. Right
now I'm unemployed and on the the 1st of next month I shall also be
homeless. I have an interesting life, it seems.  In the meantime I'm
stuck there until I 1: find a job and 2: find a house. Given that  I
am in the middle of the worst rental crisis in Melbourne's history, #1
is far more likely than #2.

> And then tell somebody
> who might be able to stop him, that last part probably won't work if he's
> really serious, but it's your duty to try.

Oh I rang his counsellor up 10 minutes after he told me this. This is
why is is back in hospital. Hopefully they will be able to keep him
there.  I have no faith in this, however, given that since the start
of november have has escaped on average twice a week.

The hospital seems to be doing a huge effort in blame-shifting. It is
my opinion that they are waiting for him to commit a serious crime so
he can be part of the criminal justice system and thus no longer their
problem.

This is a horrible hypothesis, but it fits the facts as I see them,
and nothing else I can think of does.

I am not on any of the bills and he has had the phone (and internet)
cut off, thus the delay in replying. Sorry if it has stressed anyone
out.

"but it's your duty to try."

Yes, of course.

Dwayne
--
   ddraig at pobox.com irc.deoxy.org #chat
   ...r.e.t.u.r.n....t.o....t.h.e....s.o.u.r.c.e...