[ExI] Socialimplications ofwidespreadextropian/positivistideals.

Kevin Freels reasonerkevin at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 18:18:39 UTC 2010

________________________________

>> Business is not prey for lawyers, it is not a target
> for lawsuit, not a big bucket of money for politicians to plunder with
> taxes.  Rather, business is teams of people making wealth, the engine of a
> healthy society.

>Stipulating that, how do you get there from here, and stay there? It's not an *accident* that we're where we are. (Oh yes, I realize that this is an invitation for an endless series of libertarian or anarchist sermons, some of them by me no doubt.)

I  just don't think we're ready yet. It's where I would prefer to be, but I still believe that if the FDA weren't there, my food would be less safe, if there were no law requiring child-proof caps, there would be more dead children, and if we don't have a knowledgeable group of people to oversee these huge banks and ponzi schemers, they will make every penny they can, not through innovation, but through lying, cheating, and stealing. The sad truth is, until we can oversee everything with an AI and give up privacy, no one can or will be trusted and without some kind of trust and stability, or at least the mass illusion of such, you can't grow an economy. Why do you think there are so few people willing to invest in Liberia and Sierra Leone?