[ExI] two years in the slammer for blammisphy?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Tue May 11 01:21:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, 9 May 2010, spike wrote:

> How the hell did we get here?
>
> http://www.palibandaily.com/2010/05/08/polish-pop-star-faces-two-years-priso
> n-for-blasphemy/
>
> spike

Well, just in case this is not a sublime joke that I do not get. And in
case this all goes into some archive, and someone in the future is
misinformed.

I find the article (and majority of comments) as interesting material for
study of humanity's mental degringolade. It inflates some almost
non-existing issue into a case, upon which other people debate, take
sides, maybe even go to war over it. To be more explicit, my state does
not persecute people for their criticism of someone's religion. Some
people may, or may not, feel depressed about Doda and they may choose to
fill a case - which they have right to do in a democratic country.

As an information source, I would stay away from such articles.

In one comment, there is a link to much better informed stuff:

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/c1je9/polish_pop_star_faces_two_years_prison_for/c0pmkx5

With that being said, I must add that Doda is already in prison (be
warned, she is naked) and for quite some time:

http://www.pudelek.pl/artykul/16061

Also, the page reminds me (never too much of this) about how not to judge
some unknown people or country by one example. So, for this, thanks, even
though I guess this wasn't your intention. Or was it?

Regards,
Tomasz Rola