[ExI] two years in the slammer for blammisphy?

moulton at moulton.com moulton at moulton.com
Thu May 13 08:01:39 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 21:40 -0700, spike wrote:
> Ja.  Out here in Taxifornia, we don't really know jack about the history of
> Europe.  All Europeans are tossed in with the ever shrinking pool of white
> people.  We are expected to know all about Mexico for some odd reason.

If anyone really wants to know about the California K-12 history
standards instead of some overblown rhetoric then read:
http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/documents/histsocscistnd.pdf

Do a simple search for Europe and European and then compare that with a
similar search for Mexico and Mexican and compare the results.  And do
not forget that California was part of Mexico for two decades.

And on a contemporary note remember that there is lot of commerce
between California and Mexico; both imports and exports.

This is supposed to be a list for intelligent Extropians and thus I would
like to suggest that we avoid misleading rhetoric.

Fred