[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Mon May 17 14:44:43 UTC 2010

Il 17/05/2010 15.32, BillK ha scritto:

> I know the law is the law, but what was Alcor thinking?

That a contract is a contract, a will is a will and bot must be respected.
Letting the heirs of the dead to gain from their actions would damage
the reputation of the Alcor.
A contract that can be ignored and voided by a third party without cost
has a very low value.

Why signing and paying the Alcor if my relative can prevent me from
obtaining their services.

Too bad they can not sue the relatives and suck them dry.

> This is getting bad publicity around the web.

Bad pubblicity for some is good pubblicity for others.

> Are Alcor saying it doesn't really matter if you are frozen within
> 15 minutes of death?

When people point the finger to the Moon and say "Look" do you look at
the finger?

Alcor is saying that don't really matter if your relatives agree or not
with you, if you sign a contract with them they will make their best to
have it fulfilled. If not in spirit, at least at the letter. And your
relatives will not obtain nothing from their opposition, apart to damage
themselves.

> We’re not cryonicologists, or appeals court judges, but something is
> rotten in the state of Cryonville.

And the rot is the disregard for the wills of people and how their
relatives are able to do so with little if any consequences

Mirco