[ExI] Cryonics is getting weird

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon May 17 15:48:52 UTC 2010

> ...On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato
>
> > This is getting bad publicity around the web.
>
> Bad pubblicity for some is good pubblicity for others...

It is getting more that way every day.  It used to be "Bad publicity is
better than no publicity."  Today it has become "Bad publicity is better
than good publicity."

> > Are Alcor saying it doesn't really matter if you are frozen within
> > 15 minutes of death?
>
> When people point the finger to the Moon and say "Look" do
> you look at the finger?

I had a dog that used to do this.  It was a hoot.  {8^D

> Alcor is saying...if you sign a contract with them they
> will make their best to have it fulfilled... Mirco

I must agree, in spite of the weirdness.  Make a 2x2 matrix with refund-not
refund on the vertical and dig-not dig on the horizontal.  Quadrant 1) If
any cryonics company refunds the money and does not dig, they motivate
future heirs to not inform Alcor.  Quad 2) If any cryonics company does not
refund and does not dig, it motivates the company to not go out of their way
to track their clients.  Quadrant 3) if any company both refunds and digs,
it goes out of business quickly.  Quadrant 4) does not refund, digs.

Quad 4 carries out the contract as signed, legally, as required.  Sure it is
hopeless for its original intent, but it is better than the other three
options, is it not?  It isn't good, but the others are worse.  Start
digging.  Are there any Alcorian inner circle types here who could tell us
if they went down this same line of reasoning and reached this conclusion?

I am open as hell to suggestion here, but do refer to the above quadrants.